From 18.3 until 31.5, the library (Tritonia Vaasa and Tritonia Allegro) will be closed since the government has declared a state of emergency.
Customer service is available via e-mail, phone or chat Mon-Fri 9.00-16.00.
Tritonia will be closed until 31.5, students and staff can still order books through the pickup service in May.
Tritonia Vaasa will open with limited service 1.6: reservations can be picked up and library material can be borrowed and returned on a self-service basis. Reading spots, reading rooms and group study rooms will be kept closed. Read more about the service during summer
Loans services during the closure
- Loans will not fall due during the closure (next due date will be 1.6)
- No new fees will accrue during the closure (new fees will be deleted manually)
- You can pick up reserved books after the closure
- The interlibrary loans service is interrupted
- It is not advisable to return loans during the closure. However, if you are about to move away, for example, you can return your books through the return box on the seaside of the library (picture). Please note that books returned through the return box are handled with a delay.
- A limited book pickup service opened at Tritonia’s main entrance on Monday 30.3. The service is available only for students and staff at University of Vaasa, Vaasa University of Applied Sciences (VAMK) and Novia UAS and from 8.4 for staff and students at Åbo Akademi University. Read more
The spring period for the keycards will be extended until 9.9.
- No invoices for overdue keycards will be sent for the spring period.
- If you need to return your keycard during spring or summer, you can put it in an ENVELOPE and return it through Tritonia’s return box for books. Remember to write your own name and/or student number on the envelope.
- You can also return your keycard by mail to the address: Tritonia Academic Library in Vaasa, Custodians, PL 331, 65101 Vaasa. NOTE: To ensure that the keycard doesn’t fall out of the envelope, you can for example attach it to a piece of cardboard with tape
- From 24.8.2020, you can also renew your keycard for the autumn period 9.9-31.12.2020 at the library (Mon-Fri during library opening hours).
Education and guidance
- Information literacy education will be arranged entirely online
- Information service is given online
- The library's publication and research services are available online
- EduLab's support services for digital teaching are available online
E-resources and online services
The e-resources are available as usual and they can also be accessed remotely outside campus. Log in to Tritonia Finna (https://tritonia.finna.fi/) with your university username to access the e-resources.
Many other library services can also be used online remotely. Through Tritonia Finna, you can reserve books, pay overdue fees, reset your PIN if you have forgotten it, and update personal data.
Use these online services
- Tritonia Finna
- Chat (www.tritonia.fi on the frontpage and in Libguides)
- Online service forms
- E-mail and phone:
- Loans services 029 449 8258, email@example.com
- Information service 029 449 8258, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Janitors 029-449 8250, email@example.com
- Staff contact information
This message will be updated with more information on the library services and the exceptional situation, if necessary.
Tritonia operates in University of Vaasa’s facilities and follow the university’s guidelines regarding the coronavirus situation: https://www.univaasa.fi/en/news/koronaetusivulle/